Job Posting: Finance Associate
Job Description – Finance Associate
SECU Family House at UNC Hospitals
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hours/Week: 8 – 10
Wages: $30 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SECU Family House at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC is a safe, nurturing, affordable home for patients and their loved ones who travel to UNC Hospitals for life-saving procedures and serious illness. Open since 2008 the SECU Family House (Family House) provides support and respite for adult patients and their caregivers. With a recent expansion completed this year, Family House can now provide comfort to families in seventy-five guest rooms in two buildings.
Services are provided by a dedicated cadre of 1,000 volunteers and staff of thirty full and part-time employees. Services include meals, transportation and supportive programs. Our House is open to guests 365 days a year and 24 hours a day.
The Finance Associate is responsible for maintaining the books and records of SECU Family House at UNC Hospitals. This position reports to the Finance Manager and requires 8-10 hours/week (flexible). The Finance Associate must be able to produce and analyze financial reports for the Executive Director and Family House staff. The Finance Associate must be able to work independently and have positive interactions with staff and vendors.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations of Family House, including paying bills and recording payroll in QuickBooks
- Assist with payroll processing and review as needed
- Manage and prepare general ledger journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial reports for ED & board of directors
- Prepare monthly department reports for staff
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Record and reconcile monthly activity from the investment accounts
- Track gift cards
- Pay invoices on a weekly basis or as needed
- Serves as the direct contact with banks
- Record gifts of stock, in-kind gifts and gift cards
- Track assets and record depreciation
- Assist with budget preparation/process
- Prepare materials for the annual audit; liaise with auditor
- Assists the outside CPA firm with Form 990
- File state tax reimbursements twice a year or as needed
- Reconcile QuickBooks with Raisers Edge
- Prepare 1099s
- Maintain financial & vendor files
- Other projects or reports as necessary
Essential experience required
The candidate must be reliable and responsive, with a professional demeanor, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively under deadlines. We seek a candidate with a positive and collaborative attitude who values teamwork.
Undergraduate business degree or accounting experience is preferred as is experience in other professional work environments. Strong excel skills are highly desired. QuickBooks is preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English used in the workplace. Physical demands for this position include sitting, standing, bending, walking, lifting, and moving up to 20 lbs.
Please apply with cover letter and resume through Indeed.com
SECU Family House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are proactively seeking diverse candidates